Get ready for the 2020 gardening season & for Seedy Saturday by learning why seeds matter & how to be successful starting your own seeds.
Thursday March 12, 2020 6-8 pm at Kingston Vocational Institute with Cate Henderson from KASSI
Every garden, every wildscape, every forest starts with a seed. Starting your own plants from seed is a lot of fun and allows you to grow a wonderful variety of heirloom, unusual or locally adapted seedlings for your vegetable garden or wildscape. And it’s a great way to save money!
Learn how to:
- Read a seed packet (and why it matters)
- Start vegetables, herbs, edible flowers and fruit
- Save and share seeds
- Create your own soil mix
- Start seeds in soil blocks
- Making soil blocks
- 5 quick takeaways on sourcing & starting seeds
- Make your own soil recipe
- Seeds from KASSI to plant and share
Bring a supper dish to share!